At Marcy Veterinary Clinic we consider the use of imaging a critical tool in keeping your pets healthy. Digital imaging is a less invasive way to observe your pet’s internal health, providing a more thorough and accurate diagnosis. Our digital x-ray and ultrasound equipment provides fast, clear images so we can diagnose a fracture, locate a foreign object, evaluate pregnancies, pinpoint tumors, and diagnose a host of conditions affecting your animals. We also have the capability of digital dental x-rays so we can spot and treat problems beneath the gum line.
In House Specimen Analysis
Whether your animal requires laboratory testing as part of a wellness exam or because of illness, our complete in-house lab provides quick results so we can create an individualized treatment plan right away. Common lab tests include:
In-House Laboratory Test
- Complete blood count and chemistry profiles to look for a host of conditions and diseases that can’t be spotted with a physical exam, including those that impact organ function, immunity, metabolism, and electrolyte balance
- Cytology- Fine needle aspiration, ear smear and cultures
- Fecal testing for parasites
- Feline Leukemia & Feline Immunodeficiency Virus
- Heartworm disease and Lyme disease
- Reproduction Evaluation
- Thyroid Panels
Referral Laboratory Test
- Specialty testing done to confirm a diagnosis.
- Cytology- Scrapes, cultures
- Complete Allergy Testing
- Disease Specific Panels
- Digestive Panels
- DNA Testing & Genetic Analysis Through Royal Canin®
We offer the Royal Canin® Genetic Health Analysis. This test scans your dog’s DNA, both for ancestry information and specific genetic markers. From this analysis, your veterinarian can create a custom health and wellness plan based on your dog’s genetic code. Click here to learn more.
- Texas A&M